Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Return to Hanger...

So life is slowly turning back to normal, but it won't truly be normal until my laptop comes back with all new video hardware. The sooner the better, using my old IBM is really taking its toll. Hopefully my machine will be back this week, but we will see.

My webcam image from today is me playing with my camera phone at work. New technology is the bane of my productivity. Those are mug shots on the wall behind me. (don't ask) I only work two days a week at this job, and I spend the rest of the week at school. My schedule is limited because of class and the fact that I leave my apartment at 6 am and don't usually get to work until just after 9. The return trip usually takes about the same amount of time. I work in a prosecutor's office. I have to say that working in the prosecutorial arm of the government makes me worry about laws like this. I think this anti-democratic trend in law making debases the principles upon which this great nation was founded. Regardless, it adds another perspective to the operation of the legal system. Do we really want a diaphanous system? I think its the only true check on government power. Why does a government need to keep secrets? Or, better yet, why does a government need to pass laws about communications and entertainment that are not fully explained?

This week is all about extracurricular. Unfortunately this means another week of 3 hours sleep a night, average. Another week of this and I will be forced to move to paper plates and plastic-ware because I don't have time to do dishes. Too bad clothing can't be similarly disposable. At least I have Star Trek: TNG to balance my sanity. Here we go...

No comments: