Monday, January 02, 2006

Will They Ever Learn?

Fast and Loud is running a story on the new wave of DRM tactics Sony is using to screw consumers. Not only do these CDs come loaded with nasty software that will open your system to hackers, they now come with a form of license that you tacitly accept when using the CD. The agreement is tucked inside the cover of the CD, and specifies how the end user may use the media. Wise up Sony, this pisses off the consumer, and won't help you sell any more CDs. If you think that this will help your sales, think again. Most people consider what they want to do with the music when they are buying a CD. I like to put all my music on my Laptop, so it comes with me everywhere, I also put it on my MP3 player so I can listen to it in the car on long drives, or on long train commutes. To the Consumer's out there, vote with your wallets, and let Sony and other big business what you think about this kind of stupidity.

No comments: